Auslogics BoostSpeed Review: Thorough PC Optimization
Having a slow and unresponsive computer can be a nightmare. If you have to wait for ages for your computer to start up, if your PC freezes constantly and if your Internet is slow, then using it becomes really frustrating. Auslogics BoostSpeed is a program that can help you make your slow computer fast again. Read on to find out how you can win a free BoostSpeed license.
Auslogics BoostSpeed is a well-known PC optimization suite that has become really popular over the last couple of years. Auslogics managed to secure a place in the competitive world of system optimizers and made sure that their software was better, faster and more in-depth than their competitors.
Auslogics BoostSpeed has all the tools a user may need to keep his or her computer running fast and optimize system performance to its full capacity. It has more than 18 tools that address all aspects of system performance, such as disk cleanup, disk defragmentation and optimization, startup management, Internet connection optimization, extensive Windows tweaks and more. Here is a list of BoostSpeed tools:
- System Scan – this tool automates PC speedup and lets you optimize your system in one click
- Disk optimization – Auslogics’ famous Disk Defrag will make sure your drives’ performance is optimized
- File recovery – undelete lost files
- Disk Doctor – fix hard drive errors and bad sectors
- Registry cleanup and optimization – clean and defragment the Windows registry for top performance
- Service Manager – optimize Windows services
- Startup Manager – configure your startup list to make Windows load faster
- Internet Optimizer – make your Internet connection faster
- System Advisor – let BoostSpeed tell you which services need to be disabled and which optimization tasks need to be performed
- Privacy protection tools – shred files, wipe free disk space and erase history tracks
- Tweak Manager – optimize hidden Windows settings
- and more…
BoostSpeed comes with a free trial, so you can test most of its tools before you decide whether to purchase it or not.
One of my favorite tools available in Auslogics BoostSpeed is Advisor. This utility performs a quick scan and detects all sorts of problems, from fragmented drives to privacy and security issues. This makes Advisor a very handy feature for less experienced computer users.
Another very useful feature that BoostSpeed has is Disk Explorer. This tool is great for effective file management, as it shows you the largest files and folders on your PC. So if you are running low on disk space and don’t know why that is happening, use Disk Explorer to identify what’s eating up your space.
We ran BoostSpeed on a relatively new Samsung laptop. The program detected several issues and notified us that disks needed to be defragged and optimized, as well as cleaned. We did that and noticed an improvement in performance. Our startup list was already optimized, so there wasn’t much to be done there. However, we did apply some of the tips from Advisor and used the Service Manager to disable some services that we didn’t need, like spoolsv.exe (we don’t connect a printer to this laptop). So all in all, BoostSpeed proved to be effective and very handy for some more advanced tweaking.
Ease of use
Auslogics BoostSpeed has an intuitive tabbed interface.
The first tab lets you perform a one-click scan that does all essential PC maintenance, such as disk cleanup, registry cleanup, disk defrag and disk error checkup. The second tab lets you access Advisor, which the third tab is great for resource monitoring. The last tab is the one advanced users would want to access because that’s where you launch individual tools. All individual tools open in new windows and are very intuitive. Even if you are new to computer maintenance, using BoostSpeed will be as easy as it gets.
The Verdict: Auslogics BoostSpeed is a great tool that really does its job and helps you keep your computer optimized, fast and stable.