MacBooster 2 Review: Take Care of Your Mac in a Couple of Clicks
If you’re looking for an app that can help you keep your Mac in top shape, IObit’s MacBooster 2 is worth checking out. This app has lots of useful tools that offer no-nonsense Mac maintenance without making any obscure changes to your settings.
MacBooster 2 is a Mac utility suite that has all the tools needed for quick access to your Mac’s security settings, maintenance, and other options. While it’s true that you can perform a lot of these tasks manually, MacBooster simplifies things a lot and offers you one-click Mac cleanup and maintenance.
When you scan your Mac with the app for the first time, MacBooster will give you a system status summary presented as an intuitive dashboard. You will see how many security issues your Mac has, how much space can be freed up, and you’ll get a quick summary of any performance problems. You can then click on the Fix button to fix all issues automatically.
MacBooster 2 includes the following tools:
– a junk files cleaner that cleans up 13 different types of junk files from your Mac, such as application junk, system cache and logs, files in the Trash, iOS photo cache and software updates, and more. It also gives you the option to cleanup language files, downloads and shortcuts.
– a security centre that checks your Mac for security issues and offers you to remove items that are potentially harmful.
– a performance booster that is basically a tool to free up RAM and a startup optimizer.
In addition to these three modules, MacBooster has other handy utilities:
– an uninstaller
– a duplicate file finder
– a utility to find and move/delete large files
– a tools to manage photos by detecting duplicates and similar shots
Ease of Use
MacBooster 2 has a very intuitive interface, which makes the app really easy to use. If you’re a newbie with no to little experience, you can simply use the one-click optimization and get decent results. And if you know exactly what you want to cleanup, using MacBooster’s tools one by one is the way.
MacBooster is one of the best Mac cleanup and maintenance apps I’ve tried. It’s fast, very easy to use and it doesn’t touch any important Mac settings. If you ask me, use the manual mode, so that you can choose exactly what to clean up.